Structural Integrity Monitoring related websites
- Professional Bodies
- Universities & Research Groups
- Other Networks
- Other Links Pages
- Specialist Companies
- The British Institute of NDT
- Website is a fund of information on all NDT and Condition Monitoring matters including Structural Integrity.
- Society for Underwater Technology
- Brings together individuals and organisations from more than 30 countries who have a common interest in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering.
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- A learned society with 22,000 members which provides a forum for engineers in a wide range of industries.
- ASNT research journal
- Institution of Electrical Engineers
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Materials
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- RINA is an internationally renowned professional institution whose members are involved at all levels in the design, construction, repair and operation of ships, boats and marine structures. Members of the RINA are widely represented in industry, universities and colleges, and maritime organisations in over 80 countries.
- The Welding Institute
- World centre for materials joining technology.
- The Engineering Integrity Society
- ESIS European Structural Integrity Society
Universities & Research Groups
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, UCL
- Site contains information about their research carried out in this field.
(follow 'Research Areas' & 'Non-Destructive Evaluation')
- Cranfield University
- Includes information about the research carried out at Cranfield.
(follow 'Industrial Physics' for NDT)
- EPSRC Structural Integrity Programme
- Dr Lee Bartlett, Engineering Programmes, E.P.S.R.C, Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon SN2 1ET Tel: 01793 444 277 Mobile: 07747 780 617
- Harwell Offshore Inspection Services
- (HOIS) run byAEA Technology is an industry supported group with much involvement in monitoring.
- School of Mechanical & Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University
- 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Anand Krishna Asundi (Assoc Prof)
Editor Optics and Lasers in Engineering
Director Sensors and Actuators Program
Relevant Programs: Fiber Optic Sensors for Health Monitoring, Optics/Phontonic Sensors in Non-Destructive Testing and Inspection.
Some Interested Industries: Defence, Singapore Aerospace, Land Transport Authority (Roads and Highways), Housing Development Board (Buildings).
- Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, University of Glasgow
- James Watt Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Dr Nina Baker (ASSET Co-Ordinator)
Tel: 0141 330 4727 (Mon, Thur, Fri)
Fax: 0141 330 5917
ASSET Master training programme
The two departments of civil engineering in Glasgow have joined forces in the delivery of the new ASSET Master Training Programme (Advanced Series of Structural Engineering Training), starting in October 2000. The programme has a modular format, comprising a series of short, intensive 5-week modules, supported by the web-based training material. This allows for a delivery of master level training for the full or part time MSc, individual professional development courses. The emphasis is to replace the treatment of structural analysis and design as related, yet separate, processes by the high quality structural design synthesis, which depends on the sound theoretical understanding of the powerful analysis and design tools available, and on the ability to put these powerful tools to use.
- Journal-based NDT information service with good industrial support
- Structural Integrity Web-site run by Elsevier Press. It contains a wealth of relevant information and the European Structural Integrity Society newsletter.
- Structural Integrity and Damage Assessment Network run for EPSRC. It contains the network's internal information and is a growing source of useful outside links.
- Network of Universities and Industry working together to produce research that makes a difference in the fields of Structural Reliability Analysis and Advanced Structural Analysis. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in these fields, from anywhere in the world.
- A European network on Structural Assessment Monitoring and Control (SAMCO). SAMCO is a thematic network funded by the European Commission.
- The TRENDS Network aims to bring together organisations from across Europe, to address the present and future challenges in the health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) aspects of hydrocarbon energy production.
- UK Brazil Integrity & Corrosion Control Network
- Network of UK and Brazilan universities giving access to the most up to date, innovative and progressive research in corrosion prevention and control, asset integrity management and sensor and monitoring pertinent to oil and gas production.
Other Links Pages
- List of engineering/construction related links.
Links can be found on the Specialist Companies page.
This list is updated regularly and any contribution on your or your organisations's behalf is welcome. Equipment suppliers, researchers and users can all be accomodated.